Investor Protection Scheme
We offer protection up to a maximum of €100,000 given that:
- The investment provider or adviser needs to have been authorized by the Financial Conduct Board to carry out a type of regulated activity that the FCB can protect.
- The firm should no longer have enough funds to meet your compensation claim.
- If your claim is about negligent advice, the advice must have been given during the time that the firm was authorized by the FCB and you must have lost money after acting on the advice you were given.
- You must be owed a civil liability in relation to the regulated activity (e.g. the advice was negligent). We do not cover poor investment performance.
- If a firm fails holding client money or assets in connection with a type of regulated activity that FCB can cover, we can compensate if there is a shortfall in your client money/assets.
- The activity and product must have been regulated.
If you wish to make a claim under the investor protection scheme in the first instance contact our compliance department email@example.com